Book club 2

How do you personally relate to the author's story so far?  If you don't why do you think that is?  What is it about your personal history or positionality that differs from theirs so fundamentally that you cannot relate?

I think the story of the author is very easy to relate to on a general level. The premise that Trevor Noah is setting is a relatable setting in terms of relating to the idea of looking back on our past experiences and learning from them. But when looking at the specifics events that have happened in Trevor Noah's life, it seems kind of hard to relate. I do not think that I have ever been thrown out of a car by my own mother. I also did not ever go to church so his descriptions and stories of being in white and black church and talking about the differences between the too churches is not easy to relate to when I think of my own life. Personally I think that everyone has different experiences and can somehow relate to others in certain ways but in the end I would say Trevor's life from what I have read so far is very different from mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor journal week 14

book club response 3