Essay Reflection
Big Ideas:
1. I think that reading the world and the word helped me write about how I read and write and helped me when analyzing Freire's quotes and implementing them into my essay.
2. Reflecting on my past experiences was the core of my essay. Looking back and thinking about what happened to me as a younger child and how it affected me today was a big part of how I wrote my essay. I wrote about my past experiences and just wrote the story of my past that came to my mind.
3. My thinking process while reading is to just read and try to understand the text, and if I don't I annotate or search things up to understand.
4. I usually just read if it is easy to understand but if it is confusing I analyze the text and try to make sense of it by annotating or researching it.
5. My annotation process is to just write or summarize text that I don't understand.
6. My writing process was to just write what came to mind and then organize it and make it into a coherent essay in the end.
Big Feelings:
1. For this essay I did feel like I procrastinated a little bit but in the end I did get it done. I felt that the essay definitely isn't as organized as the ones I wrote in highschool but I think that is the process of unlearning the 5 paragraph essay format.
2. I think that my peers had very good stories to tell and from what I have read they are able to make their stories into good essays that convey what they feel and who they are.
3. I think that college started off pretty easy but if I don't manage my time well on certain weeks it gets quite hard and stressful. I think that it is somewhat hard.
Big Actions:
1. I just wrote about the biggest event that I though of in my life
2. I think keeping up with the 3 draft process was fine and well paced
3. I didn't feel that I needed a whole lot of help mainly because I was writing about my own experiences and the only person that could help me write about the details and create that story was myself.
4. I am not the best at managing my time for anything, and I definitely wasn't great at managing my time for this essay but I still managed to get it done on time. There were times where I had nothing to do but still couldn't find the motivation to work on the essay and when I tried to I would just open it up and stare at what I had. I finally got to finishing it though so it wasn't that bad.
Big Revisions:
1. I have had peer revision and usually we just look at peoples essays and fix things that seem wrong
2. I listened to what they told me to add and I tried to follow through with it by putting certain things in more detail.
3. I felt that Professor Dan's feedback was quite helpful and I tried to follow though with the feedback and implement more detail and more of a message into my essay.
4. I spent most of my time near the end of my essay trying to implement the revisions and adding them into my essay or fixing certain parts of my essay.
5. I think that my essay now compared to when I first wrote it is a lot more coherent and readable as a story instead of just paragraphs of unorganized ideas.
Big Results:
1. I feel somewhat accomplished that I finished the essay but it's kind of just like any other essay that I write about in school
2. I still don't have much time to relax over the weekend because I have a lot of homework, an online quiz, and work so I have a lot to do. But I suppose getting the essay done does lift some weight off my shoulders.
Reflection:
I didn't really learn much about myself but I felt that I analyzed what I already know about myself. I think that I looked at my past experiences and once again connected it to why I think certain ways or why I do certain things. I think that this essay just made me think about who I am and why I am me. I say that I didn't learn much because I have thought about myself and my past many times before so the main difference was that I just wrote what I thought down on a document instead of just thinking or talking about it.
1. I think that reading the world and the word helped me write about how I read and write and helped me when analyzing Freire's quotes and implementing them into my essay.
2. Reflecting on my past experiences was the core of my essay. Looking back and thinking about what happened to me as a younger child and how it affected me today was a big part of how I wrote my essay. I wrote about my past experiences and just wrote the story of my past that came to my mind.
3. My thinking process while reading is to just read and try to understand the text, and if I don't I annotate or search things up to understand.
4. I usually just read if it is easy to understand but if it is confusing I analyze the text and try to make sense of it by annotating or researching it.
5. My annotation process is to just write or summarize text that I don't understand.
6. My writing process was to just write what came to mind and then organize it and make it into a coherent essay in the end.
Big Feelings:
1. For this essay I did feel like I procrastinated a little bit but in the end I did get it done. I felt that the essay definitely isn't as organized as the ones I wrote in highschool but I think that is the process of unlearning the 5 paragraph essay format.
2. I think that my peers had very good stories to tell and from what I have read they are able to make their stories into good essays that convey what they feel and who they are.
3. I think that college started off pretty easy but if I don't manage my time well on certain weeks it gets quite hard and stressful. I think that it is somewhat hard.
Big Actions:
1. I just wrote about the biggest event that I though of in my life
2. I think keeping up with the 3 draft process was fine and well paced
3. I didn't feel that I needed a whole lot of help mainly because I was writing about my own experiences and the only person that could help me write about the details and create that story was myself.
4. I am not the best at managing my time for anything, and I definitely wasn't great at managing my time for this essay but I still managed to get it done on time. There were times where I had nothing to do but still couldn't find the motivation to work on the essay and when I tried to I would just open it up and stare at what I had. I finally got to finishing it though so it wasn't that bad.
Big Revisions:
1. I have had peer revision and usually we just look at peoples essays and fix things that seem wrong
2. I listened to what they told me to add and I tried to follow through with it by putting certain things in more detail.
3. I felt that Professor Dan's feedback was quite helpful and I tried to follow though with the feedback and implement more detail and more of a message into my essay.
4. I spent most of my time near the end of my essay trying to implement the revisions and adding them into my essay or fixing certain parts of my essay.
5. I think that my essay now compared to when I first wrote it is a lot more coherent and readable as a story instead of just paragraphs of unorganized ideas.
Big Results:
1. I feel somewhat accomplished that I finished the essay but it's kind of just like any other essay that I write about in school
2. I still don't have much time to relax over the weekend because I have a lot of homework, an online quiz, and work so I have a lot to do. But I suppose getting the essay done does lift some weight off my shoulders.
Reflection:
I didn't really learn much about myself but I felt that I analyzed what I already know about myself. I think that I looked at my past experiences and once again connected it to why I think certain ways or why I do certain things. I think that this essay just made me think about who I am and why I am me. I say that I didn't learn much because I have thought about myself and my past many times before so the main difference was that I just wrote what I thought down on a document instead of just thinking or talking about it.
Comments
Post a Comment