Essay 2 Reflection

I have not done a visual analysis essay before this essay was my first time.

I think that the questions/guidelines we created as groups really helped me flesh out my essay and give more direction to it rather than just a short analyzation. I think it helped me answer questions that I wouldn't have thought of on my own.

I think finding information about the art piece and about the artists was hard. But in the end I just ended up putting less info about that and more about what I felt the picture was about. I think that the details and visuals of the painting are more important than the facts behind it.

This essay did not change my daily habits. I feel that I am usually an observant person when I want to be. When walking around I like to look around and see whats happening around me. People watching is a thing I do when I'm sitting and doing nothing. Just observing other people and thinking about what their doing and how their lives are so different is interesting.

I think just adding more information and separating paragraphs and organizing everything was what I did the most. I don't think anything was really different on the visual analysis.

I think the 10 min check in with Prof Dan was very helpful. I haven't started editing yet since the check in was yesterday but I took notes on what he said and have a better understanding of what I need to put in and take out in order to refine my essay. I plan to start editing and revise my essay soon and I think it will be much more cohesive and readable once I use all the input Prof Dan gave me.

I feel that this essay assignment was very good. I enjoyed it because we created our own guidelines and questions as a class and chose our own visuals to write about. I think maybe I would change the amount of time we had to choose our visual and analyze it and maybe pick more than one and in groups talk about which one we think is best. I think it would really help if we had that process in terms of starting our analyzation to have some input on what other people think about the visual.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 min free write

I think of the language that I mainly speak and that most people around me speak. I think that it is one of the most prominent languages in the world and that it is very useful to know the english language. The history behind the english language is unknown to me but I think I know bits and pieces about the languages history. The english language is not my favorite language, it terms of how a language sounds I would say korean is my favorite language. English is the language that I understand the most but it is not my favorite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor journal week 14

book club response 3