Reflecting on Self portrait
During my time drawing, I definitely focused on details and and fixing a lot of the stuff that I messed up near the end. I think for drawing I don't really see how the book described people drawing see it. I don't see words when I am drawing I see a picture and I draw the picture. Not much thought is put in to it unless there is different details that I think are a bit messed up or off. I usually tend to mess around trying to fix little details and I have to stop myself before I completely change the picture. I am pretty happy with how my self portrait ended up even though I could definitely improve some things. I have always wanted to get better at drawing but I never like taking classes for drawing so I use a lot of youtube to learn how to draw certain things. When reading Habits of the Mind "Paying Attention", I definitely don't think I fully understand or relate to what Edwards was trying to say about how people draw. As I sort of said in my quote of the day and above as well, l don't really name parts when I draw so it wasn't very difficult to separate the words from drawing. I would say my most successful part is most likely the eyes because I think it's the easiest part to draw on many faces. The harder parts were definitely the lips and the hair, the hair was just a chore to shade in and kind of annoying. I definitely lost my sense of time while drawing because I took way longer than 30 minutes. I enjoy drawing most of the time so that is probably why time went by so fast.
Comments
Post a Comment