Quote of Day #6 from Betty Edwards

"If they stopped saying "hand," for example, they could learn to stop drawing the symbol for a hand (five stick fingers at the end of a stick arm) and could instead begin to see the intricate pattern that is made by a particular hand resting on the edge of a particular keyboard." (Habits of the Creative Mind)

When reading this whole passage I honestly don't think I truly understand what Betty Edwards was trying to say. I understand what the research said about the two hemispheres in the brain working to do different things. In fact, I learned about that in AP psych during my junior year in highschool. But the way I see it, Edwards is trying to say that people think too much when drawing simple things such as a hand. I don't really have any experiences relating to the situation these children were in so that's probably why I don't understand it as well. I am definitely more of a creative person than academic person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Labor journal week 14

book club response 3