Quote of the Day #4 from Richard E. Miller
"And even if we find a private place to work, there’s always another text message, Snapchat, or breaking— story to pull us out of our
writing and toss us into the digital sea." (Habits of the Creative Mind, pg 160)
It seems that Miller is really catching on to how students in the modern day work. We work with technology which gives us so many more reasons not to stay focused or work at all. Even just writing this blog post and reading the book I can't count how many times I've tabbed out to look at something or watch just one more video. Even though I have my own room and computer and have no one around me to distract me, there is still a million ways to distract myself using the internet.
It seems that Miller is really catching on to how students in the modern day work. We work with technology which gives us so many more reasons not to stay focused or work at all. Even just writing this blog post and reading the book I can't count how many times I've tabbed out to look at something or watch just one more video. Even though I have my own room and computer and have no one around me to distract me, there is still a million ways to distract myself using the internet.
Comments
Post a Comment